GENDER EQUITY – Fixing the Leaking Female Pipeline
Following the success of our inaugural Gender Equity Conference in 2016, the feedback from our 180+ attendees made it clear that the most pressing issue they face in achieving gender equity – from both an employer and an individual perspective – is improving the pipeline of female talent. For some industries, it starts at the entry level, but even for those with equal entry points, talent will get stuck or disappear, either in the middle or at the top. See study
Our second Gender Equity Conference examines each of these sticking points and looks at what has worked and what hasn’t in moving towards Gender Equity. As in 2016 we have focused on organisations that are taking action here in Hong Kong and recognising the different challenges that apply in our region compared to Europe and the U.S.
8:30 – 9:00 Registration
9:00 – 9:10 Welcome Remarks
9:10 – 10:00 Keynote: Jo Lyon, Managing Director at Talking Talent: “Change, Stereotypes and Fear: Challenging the barriers to gender Equity”
10.05 – 10:50 Headline Speaker: Adrian Warr, Managing Director at Edelman Hong Kong: “The War for Hearts and Minds. Rational and Irrational Plugs for the Pipeline”
11:00 – 12:00 Panel 1: Recruiting to improve the Pipeline
- Jane Morgan, Managing Director at Golin
- Olivier Masdebrieu, Managing Director at Morgan Stanley
- Olivia Wong, Human Resources Director at SWIRE Properties
- Tanya Menzel, Assistant Director – Career & Professional, Development – Experienced Professionals & Alumni, MBA Programs at HKUST Business School
- Moderator: Anna Champion, Founder at The Talent Lighthouse
12.00-12.30 Networking Q& A – opportunity to join selected panelist for targeted Q&A and moderated networking session.
12:30 – 13:00 walking lunch
13:00 – 14:15 FACES – special training approach by Community Business
14:30 – 15:15 Headline Speaker: Phebe Cho, Founder at Accelus :“Future of work perspectives to fixing the leaking female talent pipeline”
15:20 – 16:20 Panel 2: From the Middle to the Top – what moves the needle?
- Amy Tye, Diversity and CSR Manager at Freshfields
- Gour Ly, Director, Financial Institutions Trade Finance at Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Katrina North, APAC D&I Leader at EY
- Anne Audebrand, Market Risk Manager at BNP Paribas and Deputy Chairwoman of BNP MixCity HK.
- Roche Pharmaceuticals (Speaker to be confirmed)
- Moderator: Gregor Miller, Managing Consultant & Director at Visions Learning HK Ltd
16:20 – 16:50 Networking Q& A – opportunity to join selected panelist for targeted Q&A and moderated networking session.
17:00 – 18:00 Panel 3: Next steps – how do we take it forward?
- Jo Hayes, Director of Pipeline Initiatives at The Women’s Foundation (TWF)
- Sanjeev Chatrath, Co-Chair at Male Allies & Managing Director, region Head – Asia, Financial & Risk at Thomson Reuters
- Sarah Dyer, Director – APAC at 100 Women in Finance
- Stephanie Sheng, Chairwoman at Women in Law Hong Kong (WILHK) & Executive Director and Senior Counsel, Legal Department at Goldman Sachs
- Moderator: MaryAnn Voli, Managing Director at Voli Leadership Consulting
read more about the headline speakers, panelists and moderators on our BLOG
Conference pictures, click HERE
Great Place to Work
The Women’s Foundation
Women in Law
Women in Finance in Hong Kong
100 Women in Finance
A Hong Kong licensed recruitment agency, License No. 53995